12 May 2010

como becomes venice.

Family.

Hearing your voices makes going out and doing missionary work that much better. It is like the sun shining after 20 days of dreadful rain. (Which is also what I am experiencing, literally, this afternoon!) You always inspire me and help me become a little more of what I need to be. I thank you for you love, first and foremost.

Secondly, I thank my mother for being who she is. As I spoke on Sunday in church about repentance I actually could not help but think how forgiving you have always been of me. With my many many weaknesses and stubborn actions I hardly believe someone would want to keep helping me. But mother, and father included, I have received nothing but support and guidance. Mom you deserve to be celebrated everyday! "I wish everyday was [mother's] day."

3rd on the list is LOVE. Two wonderful days of pure love. Despite the fact that the lake has flooded the nearby piazza we are still trudging through the rain and are searching for new friends. I say friends because, that is what these people are to me. Although we are so different in backgrounds and interests there is one thing in particular that has brought us together. There is one thing, as I believe, that can create a friendship from nothing. If you have the true and restored gospel between you.

A few new friends of mine consist of rollerblade stars Sophia (8) and Irina (11) and bicyclist Matteo (9). We found them knocking doors Monday afternoon. They kept going back and forth and looking like they wanted to talk so I finally stopped them and started chit-chatting. What do I love about kids? Their curiosity, sincerity, love and honesty. They asked what we were doing so we gave them the run down. Then they started recommending neighbors we could try and talk to. They were so excited about it they started ringing the doorbells.

Sometimes they would hide and ask us what happened after and sometimes they would talk to the people with us. All three were appalled at the fact that people said they had no interest before even learning what we had to say. Matteo was perceptive of truths and kept making comments about how closed adults were. "How can they say no if they do not even know what it is about?" I heard that question more than once.

As we were making our way back to the main road, the kids were following behind. Sophia ended up falling so we brought her back to her house. Her parents still stared and tried to take the kids away from talking to us. Unfortunately without parental consent we can not teach the children. But thanks to a friendship maybe these three young friends will run into missionaries at a later time and remember the fun they had knocking doors with the sisters!

Eduardo Albonico is making tremendous progress and I have never seen someone so sincere in their search! This past week His wife and daughter joined in on the lessons and this family is going to see great changes in their life!

The work is moving and so am I. Today, again, I was reminded of what a great work I am participating in. I have never gained so much love for the gospel as I have even in these past few weeks. Really it amazes me the truths and discoveries we find when we search! Helping others do the same makes my heart fill with joy!

Happy weeeek!

Laughter Optimism Vivacity Enthusiasm.
I love love.

i'm a computer,
Sorella Frédérique Stone Carroll

No comments: