20 January 2010

our lives passed away like as it were unto us,

Dear friends and family,

I do not really know what to tell you about this week. My companions bike broke and it is freezing cold. I spent the past two days with a sister from North Pole, Alaska and she was even cold. There is my proof. Dad wants to hear more stories. This week has been more of a testimony builder for me than anything. Funny things happen, but more so I am a missionary and it is the little things that help me to understand what is really important.

I ran into my old friend, "the lies of the monkey," who told me I looked like some princess named Carolina (again) but this time mentioned that Carolina is taller and more beautiful than me. I love my friends here in Como.

Monica recieved a priesthood blessing on Monday night to help her quit smoking. She bore her testimony to me yesterday. She also mentioned that she does not have the desire to smoke so much. The power of the priesthood is real and will help, always according to our faith. It is always great to witness the changes she is making in her life to prepare herself for the baptismal covenant. Monica should be getting baptized in less than three weeks and we are so excited for her. I just pray the non participating ward will get excited about the salvation of one of their very own sisters.

We are working with a new convert/less active who seems to be going through it all right now. I wish I could help her more, but she has closed off her heart and has let other people get in the way of her relationship with her Heavenly Father. This is the hardest part of the work. Watching somone deny what they know because of pride. All I know is that I am grateful for the mercy of a loving Heavenly Father and the more we bear testimony to her the more faith I have that she will remember her convenants.

As for the life of Sorella Carroll, things are moving along. We are happy and working. We are avoiding discouragement and praying a lot.

I love you.
I miss you.

a dream,
Sorella Frederique Stone Carroll

No comments: