13 January 2010

and i am back

I decided it was better for me to be in Italy than the party pooper at the wedding. Between a fever and the flu I would have probably been less fun than my piece of cardboard. I appreciate all the dancing you did with me. I really hope you mean it that we can relive all the festivities when I return because it looks like you threw a real party. Congratulations. I am excited to see all the pictures.

On Saturday, after meeting the Elders in church to receive a blessing we were heading back home and stopped in the post office to buy stamps. I ran into an old friend who I contacted on the street three months previously. (My first week in Como) In fact, I did not see her or recognize her but she ran up to me and started talking to me. As I waited for my companion to make her purchase I went to talk with this woman Pina and her brother Giuseppe. I had previously contacted the brother going door to door. Small world. They recounted that one month previously their mother passed away, whom I also met at the house of Giuseppe. Immediately my missionary instincts set in and we began to talk about the plan of salvation and how families can be united for time and all eternity. It was great because I was able to mention my sister who would be making that covenant that very same day. I was able to testify of the joy of eternal families and that God has a plan prepared for us. They remained pleased with the promises and we will be seeing each other soon, hopefully.

We may have ditched the bikes for a little bit because we think it is that which caused an illness, especially with the cold weather. For beautiful sunny days helmets will be on.

I have a series of pictures to send this evening so we are keeping things short.

I LOVE YOU ALL! Even the new brother.

Again,
Sorella Frédérique Stone Carroll

Family,
It looks like you pulled off a wedding! Good work, good work. Thank you for the pictures already.

Darien and Eric you make a beautiful couple, or handsome couple. Beautiful. I meant it when I asked for cute nieces and nephews.
Plus there is a little more time since I was informed I will be coming home at the end of July instead of June.

Summer school's bonked, but I am much happier spending a little more time on my mission. President informed me this week of my release date being July 30th. I am very happy about this. Maybe he will even be extending it to December and Robert and I can come home together!

This week I put my goals to paper and am very excited about accomplishing them. I decided to go to the more spiritual side of things and set my goals according to my patriarchal blessing. One in particular is temple and family history. I actually had planned to come here and tell you instead of summer school I would love to spend the summer doing family history. Maybe we, mom dad and myself, can have a little fun in August and make some progress. Thoughts? We can talk about this a little further along since it is still 6 months away.

Family, I love you so much! I miss you, but not too much. I know we are all moving along in this plan together. Keep up the good work.

Riqué

No comments: