09 September 2009

i got soul.

family.

I want to tell you I love you. I want to tell you I miss you. Finally, I want to tell you I am grateful for you, all.

I am glad to hear that, even though two vital parts of the family are missing, you keep moving on with life. Do not get tooooo sad we are not around. We are happy. (Robert I speak for you too.)

I have been thinking much about my work and how I have been as a missionary. At this very moment I hope the rest of my mission goes the way it has been going. Yesterday my companion stood up at zone conference, at the request of President, to bear a testimony. I will echo what she said. "I'm happy." I have never worked so hard as I have the past two weeks, and even though I am dead tired by the end of the day, it is worth it. In fact, I secretly hope Sorella Huber will be my companion for the rest of the mission. We know what we like!

The past two weeks have been very successful weeks and I am feeling satisfied for the work I have been accomplishing (along side my partner.) Although I am happy, I know that I can still do more. I know I can always improve, always work harder. This is a principle I began to understand in my mission prep class at BYU. We were talking about how God has standards for us, that we are striving to reach. But, once you reach them, they go even higher. There is no roof. If we really are working towards exaltation, then there can not be a lid to the jar. We can always be better. I am grateful for this principle and the potential God sees in us. It humbles me a lot because I know I still have so much to work on, but I am also grateful that I can see some of the blessings of even climbing halfway up that ladder God has built for me at this point in my life. I hope that the ladder can keep growing because that would mean I have been striving to align my will with that of my Father in Heaven. At times I find that difficult, being a natural man, but I know it is possible.

Maybe I already shared this: “The gospel of Jesus Christ is the plan by which we can become what children of God are supposed to become. This spotless and perfect state will result from a steady succession of covenants, ordinances, and actions, an accumulation of right choices and from continuing repentance. 'This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God.'”

This is why I love being at the service of my friends her in Italy. One day they will be able to meet our Father in Heaven again, and how much more enjoyable would those moments be if He looks at us with clean countenances.

The latest.
Our dear friend Katy is still progressing and is in such bright spirits. She is ecstatic about the baptism. In fact, sometimes Sorella Huber and I feel it is too good to be true. It is amazing when you find someone so prepared for the gospel that you do not even know what to do. It feels a little like you are living in a dream.

My heart is growing more and more each day. I finally decided I do not want to leave Torino. I will go where ever, but here in Torino I have made some very lasting and even eternal friendships.

I found a spontaneous poet who recited a little treat about my eyes. Hard to not laugh on the spot, I managed to stay composed.

I watched The Restoration a total of five times last week. I could probably recite it to you in Italian.

I made a friend on the bus and managed to miss my stop, 5 times. The most entertaining part about our conversation was that I could no longer explain who I was and what I was doing in English. She was Italian but wanted to speak to me in English and preferred that I did too. Therefore I stumbled over my words more than once forgetting my own native language. Odd how that happens. (Do not worry, I still have a lot of work in the Italian language.)

but i am not a soldier.
Sorella Frédérique Stone Carroll

No comments: