17 June 2009

i saw the sign.

"As we rely on the atonement of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials,
sicknesses, and pain. We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation. All
that is unfair about life can be made right through the atonement of Jesus
Christ. In paying the penalty for our sins, Jesus Christ did not, however,
eliminate our personal responsibility. We must show that we accept Him and that
we will follow His commandments. Only through the gift of the atonement can we
return to live with God."

Today I am grateful for the testimony of my brother. That he knows what he is
supposed to be doing, and that is missionary work. I actually had a similar
experience this week visiting with someone that I have told you all about.
Remember our glorious prayer circle? We finally made it back to visit them. I
have nicknamed them M.A.R.G. for time purposes. I wish I had time to explain the
whole visit, but let us just say that we left unsatisfied. Rita kept saying, "mi
dispiace per loro." (I am displeased for them, more or less.) In our prayer
circle everyone offered a prayer. They all prayed for us to find the truth (or
hinting at it) while we prayed for all of us to know the truth. How important is
it for us to know the truth? Thank you Robert, you said it all. Who better to
ask than the Father of all?

That night when we returned home I decided to just open my scriptures and read.
I opened up to Doctrine and Covenants section 14 and began to read. Immediately
I began to feel the spirit. I began to feel a stronger testimony grow inside of
me of this work. Right then I knew I was doing the right thing, even though
there are thousands of people out there who think I do not know what I am doing.
Frederique Stone Carroll, excuse me SORELLA Frederique Stone Carroll knows what
she is doing. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

"A great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children of men.
Behold, I am God; give heed to my word [...] the field is white already to
harvest [...] Yea, whosoever will thrust in his sickle and reap, the same is
called of God. Therefore, if you will ask of me you shall receive; if you will
knock it shall be opened unto you. Seek to bring forth and establish my Zion.
Keep my commandments in all things. And, If you keep my commandments and endure
to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the
gifts of God. And it shall come to pass, that if you shall ask the Father in my
name, in faith believing, you shall receive the Holy Ghost, which giveth
utterance, that you may stand as a witness of the things of which you shall both
hear and see [...]"

This is what I read. I received the reassurance that I have the truth. I am
bringing the world His truth!

I have been nothing but blessed in the work and every day my knowledge grows. In
all the lessons I taught the past week, I again feel like they were meant for
me. I learned even more the importance of being obedient. What would a life be
without obedience anyway? Of course my imperfections are always there...but if
we ask, we have the help. We may not know all the thoughts of God, but we do
know that he has commanded us to follow the example of Christ. Making the
decision to follow commandments may not be easy, but would it make it easy if
you knew you would receive blessings? I have a question for everyone today.
Actually a request. I am interested in hearing experiences of when you were
obedient to a commandment and have seen the blessings. Whether or not you have
recognized the blessings yet, obedience is key to our eternal salvation. Elder
Jeffrey R. Holland said it perfectly, "Some blessings come soon, some come late,
and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the Gospel of Jesus
Christ, THEY COME." I know they will come. That is why I strive my hardest to do
even the little things...going to bed on time, waking up on time, not playing
with children, not crossing the street on red, etc. (Honestly I can not think of
anything else because they are not even rules anymore, they are guidelines that
help the work progress. Funny how your attitude can change with the help of the
Lord.) So in the end, if you have time would you want to share a little
experience you have had in obeying the commandments of God? (examples: tithing
and offerings, word of wisdom, saying your prayers, honoring your parents, etc.)
Thank you for your inspiration and examples!

I love you. I am grateful for that which you have given me. Thank you for the
examples you have set so that I have something to live up to. I was asked this
week what my motivation was for being here on a mission. Of course the Lord, but
besides Him, you were my response. Family thank you for being my inspiration, my
motivation, everything.

opened up,
Sorella Frederique Stone Carroll



My second district.
Sorella Smith (went to Milano), Sorella Carroll, Anziano Lulo (still zone
leader!), Anziano Sabey (finished the mission, woo!), Anziano Buckway (still
district leader!), Anziano Beacham (went elsewhere! I forget where).

1 comment:

Alyse said...

rique, you are the cutest sister missionary i know. hands down. and the most spiritual. GAH i love you!