03 March 2009

According to picture books.

One week down. The rest of my life to go!

Sometimes I want a video camera on me at all times so I can capture every moment, every emotion. Or maybe I could teach a Mynah my thoughts and send it your way...This will be my solution. Next time you see a dark brown slightly crested bird that originates in Asia...it is from me. Love.

In honor of the recent love month, I wanted to share my thoughts on love. I believe in a thang called loooo-ooove.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. (1 John 4:7-11)

All we need is love.

As my time at the MTC comes to a close I realize how much I love this place. I believe I have shared my love before, but believe me when I say I might miss it. I will always hold a special place in my heart for the place that taught me how to be a missionary. Never will I be perfect, but I am grateful for the ground work I received here (not only for my mission, but for the rest of my life).

After only being out eight weeks, I could not imagine my life with out this mission. I can not imagine being a wife or a mother without this experience. I realize we are all different, but in all honesty...I know I can be that much better if I really apply all that I am learning to the rest of my life. And the most important thing I have learned is love. Why? Because "charity never faileth" and "charity is the pure love of Christ." So every day this is what we missionaries strive towards. Again, I am the farthest from perfect.

Within my district I have learned the most love. There is no doubt in my mind that our district was placed together for a reason. We have become a family, and a family that loves each other. This past Sunday was an interesting experience for all of us. "The love chair." I'll explain, everyone gets a chance to take a seat in "the chair" while everyone else says what they love about this person. You just like the way you feel when you sit in that chair. Except I now know you can feel that way always when you are in the service of your God and recognize the immense amount of love that he has for each one of us. The best! So after two hours of love sharing, Christ was placed on the chair while we all were given the opportunity to bear witness that He lives! and that we love Him! I love Him! Fourteen of us, immature young adults, have grown to love, respect, and appreciate each other in just a mere 8 weeks. Although half of my district will be heading to Rome I am so excited for us all. Every Elder will go on to do great things on their missions and in life. I love them for their examples. I love my companion.

Let us just celebrate love. In less than one week I will be sharing the greatest love of all with the greatest people of all. Christ's love. Italians.

Heaven is a partly cloudy place,
Sorella Frederique Stone Carroll

No comments: