24 February 2009

Everybody is going to love today, love today, love today!

I love you.

(No one says "I love you" enough. I still am not a fan of the fact that I am unable to say it to every one and anyone I meet. I love all missionaries.)

Here I am, expressing the only love I can. I love you. Thank you for being a part of my life. Two weeks from today this MTC adventure becomes something much larger. It is probable that I would not have the courage to make this step alone. I appreciate the continuous support and love. I love you.

William Shakespeare wisely said, "They do not love that do not show their love." I have experienced more love than I could ask for. I have learned to love through all the love shown to me. Mother, Father, Sister, Brothers, you have taught me to love. You have helped me to love. Love is really what makes the world turn.

Speaking of Jesus Christ, President Thomas S. Monson stated,
"He taught us how to pray. He taught us how to serve. He taught us how to live. His life is a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved.'
"The time came when He stood alone. Some Apostles doubted; one betrayed Him. The Roman soldiers pierced His side. The angry mob took His life. There yet rings from Golgotha’s hill His compassionate words, 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.'
"Earlier, perhaps perceiving the culmination of His earthly mission, He spoke the lament, 'Foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath no where to lay his head.' 'No room in the inn' was not a singular expression of rejection—just the first. Yet He invites you and me to receive Him. 'Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.'
"Who was this Man of sorrows, acquainted with grief? Who is the King of glory, this Lord of hosts? He is our Master. He is our Savior. He is the Son of God. He is the Author of our Salvation. He beckons, 'Follow me.' He instructs, 'Go, and do thou likewise.' He pleads, 'Keep my commandments.'
"Let us follow Him. Let us emulate His example. Let us obey His word. By so doing, we give to Him the divine gift of gratitude."

I hope you know how much I love you.

This past week has been one of goal accomplishing and I am feeling great. I finished the Book of Mormon in 4 weeks. I can run 3.5 miles (Ram I know that is nothing compared to you, but it means I am getting closer to my 5 mile goal in the next 2 weeks). I am teaching all lessons in Italian. Slowly but surely the language is coming. I felt the Spirit in much of what I did, which is always a comfort. I am understanding the importance of "EXACT OBEDIENCE." I think most importantly I am understanding that this mission is not my mission. This mission is the Lord's mission, I am His instrument. There is a lot of trust placed on missionaries, and it is sometimes difficult to always remain worthy of this trust. I am happy all missionaries work together.

Remember the Plan of Salvation and how it is the greatest "idea" put to work ever? Remember how THE Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through Joseph Smith? Although the only thing I remember from my baptism was my green velvet dress and the shivering cold water, I am so happy to have made those covenants with the Lord and progress on to the Temple. Remember how eternal families are the best? Remember how you are stuck with me for eternity? Like Berto, I did sealings last week and I was reminded of the time we went as a family. Although I do not remember the event, I remember the joy that was probably felt. Thank you for letting me be a part of such a magnificent family.

Let's keep remembering...Remember how we have a Prophet on the earth today. Remember how God loves us so much that He sent his only begotten in the flesh to suffer and die for me? For you? Do you remember? I am reminded everyday, and can hardly stand the fact that I get to declare this to people in Italy. Say your prayers that I can effectively get this message to them.
REMEMBER HOW I AM A MISSIONARY?

For the first time last week I cried because of a family member (since being in the MTC). They were a mix of tears of joy and tears of sadness. I am one privileged sister to have a brother here. It is a fact that most people are jealous that I get to see my brother more than once a week. My class was preparing to teach the Plan of Salvation in Italian on Saturday night (best Saturday Night I've ever had!). Our scenario was teaching an individual who was recently divorced and lost a brother. My teacher really tried to emphasize the importance of relating to the individual. As my teacher did the example I really started to feel the emotion. I put myself in the shoes of the person who just lost their brother and I could not bear the thought of it. Although I understand and have a testimony of eternal life, death is still something hard to handle. (This is one reason I believe I need to say "I love you" more often, through word and deed.) Anyway, as I was thinking about this, the thought popped into my head and I realized I am not going to see Robert for 2 years. I do not know why it was so difficult, probably because I have had the comfort of having him around. The tears were of joy because he is going to be the best missionary, and sadness because I will no longer have a family member around to say hi to. So, I cried a little. I feel your love every day though, thank you for your love. I miss you.

Top 10 of the week:
1. Funny Anziani.
2. Elder M. Russell Ballard.
3. Companionship study.
4. 25 new Italian missionaries. (Increasing our zone to over 50.)
5. Sorella Nelson.
6. Ally Snyder. A precious girl in an LDS commercial who reminded me that I need to finish any race I ever begin.
7. The temple.
8. Family.
9. My Patriatchal Blessing.
10. My Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I love you.

Any way you want to, any way you got to.
Frederique Stone

No comments: