17 February 2009

All the colors.

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans. Chapter 5, verses 3 through 5. "And not only so, but we GLORY in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God IS shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

The Book of Psalms. Chapter 46, verse 10 and 11. "Be still, and KNOW, that I am God...The LORD of hosts IS with us..."

I realize we all wonder at times why we have hard times, but then we learn it is all beneficial in the end. I do not share these verses of scripture because I had a hard week. In all honesty it was a marvelous week, but I believe I found these scriptures in order to better prepare myself for what may come in the future. (on or off the mission) So take them for what they are worth. "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:" (1 Peter 1:7).

I have transformed into your cheesiest missionary sharing scripture after scripture. Who knew I would ever love this so much? Sorry if I get annoying.

This past week I spent all my study time on the Book of Mormon and October 2008 General Conference. When I received the call to be a missionary I remember having this extreme excitement. A week later was Conference and we had the ever-so wonderful opportunity to hear so much about missionary work. I thought, "Thank you, all you members of the church for attending or watching this conference directed at me." As I re-read these talks I am reminded at how much the last conference really was focused on missionary work and how important it is. I remember the announcement of the 5 new temples, the last being Rome, Italy. I started to cry, it was as if I already had so much love for everyone in Italy. I immediately felt my need to serve a mission in Italy. So here I go, only three more weeks and I will be there. Sometimes it is a little scary, and sometimes I have absolutely no patience (meaning to get there). Mixed emotions of inadequacy and unpreparedness (is that a word?) but excitement to bring those who I love the "good news!"

Italian, I keep getting questions about the language. We are now teaching in only Italian and it is the best ever. Although half the time my companion (whose, did I mention, father is Italian...mother served a mission in Italy...and brother served in Italy...they are a family of italian speakers) is saving me when I mess up or can not say something correctly, I LOVE IT. It is funny sitting in class watching all the elders learn this new language and seeing how much we have all learned already. Seriously? How can someone learn a language in 9 weeks? Close to impossible, but when you are blessed with the Spirit and the help of our Father in Heaven there is nothing better. I absolutely KNOW that I have been helped 100 percent of the time when it comes to my language abilities. All I know is that when I arrive in Italy I will hardly understand a thing, just like last summer. As long as I just jump in there I believe the language will end up being a success. The language is coming, and I am learning that the more work I put into it the more I get out of it. ...AND...this also applies to every aspect of my life.

I got the wonderful news about two friends and their mission calls. Shout out, AJ and Brett! I do not think you could understand my excitement right now. So far, missions are the best idea ever.

Oh by they way, Happy (late) LOVE Day. Although we did not "celebrate" the love with our fellow missionaries, it was a grand day. I still remember my favorite Valentines Day when I went out with you, Dad. So much fun. Have I mentioned my family is amazing? I hope that the day was fun for all! The Anziani loved their Disney Princess Valentines.

I wish I had more time and more to say. Every day is the same, but I never stop learning. This morning seems like 10 days ago but last Tuesday seems like yesterday. I have something exciting happen every day. I am making some of the best of friends. I am pretty sure I knew these missionaries before hand, seeing as how well I get along with all of them. I love my teachers. I love my companion. I love my brother. I love you, family. I love my friends, here and at home. I love love. I still love being a missionary. I love being guided every day. I love the joy that I feel. I love being happy. I love being about to make that decision to be happy. I love loving everyone. I LOVE YOU!

In a Circus,
Sorella Frederique Stone Carroll

No comments: