19 November 2008

Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

Upon my return home from a mission (in about one point five years) there will be a brand new movie. A movie that I probably couldn't be more excited about. As a child I had a favorite disney film and Lewis Carroll book. Alice in Wonderland. My ever so wonderful mother painted, beautifully mind you, Alice and Wonderland scenes all around my room. Mad Hatter and the Hare had a tea party. The cards were painting the roses red. Alice with the Chesire cat above in a tree. (After watching a snippet of Child's Play when mom and dad were gone I was forever reminded of Chucky when I looked at the Chesire cat smiling down at me in my bed.) "In a world of my own. All the flowers would have very extra special powers, they would sit and talk to me for hours" was written around the ceiling. I had a little world of my own in there.
When we moved mom asked if I wanted to cut the paintings out of the wall and I declined. Originally I was thinking that I had Alice in Wonderland on my room walls for twelve years and to bring it to the new house would be too much. Now I regret my declination. Maybe I will once day have a daughter who will love Alice in Wonderland as much as I do and we can paint her room, for old times sake.

Director Tim Burton has taken upon himself the duty to make a new film of this classic. Considering I thoroughly enjoyed Beetle Juice, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Nightmare Before Christmas, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, and Corpse Bride I can only imagine how much I will enjoy this new twist on Alice's adventures. 

Plus, one Jonny Depp is playing the role of Mad Hatter. I don't know the actress who is to play Alice, but I can tell that I will probably like her. Thank you Tim Burton for your magnificently peculiar imagination. I am excited to see what comes of this greatness.

Mat Hatter:
Photobucket
Alice:
Photobucket

the costumes appear to be beautiful.

No comments: