09 November 2008

and I did it!

I just did one of the hardest things (for me, at least). I have a slight obsession with music, for me music - alongside art - has fueled life. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't listen. It would be an understatement to say that I love music, because there is much much more in the relationship between music and me.
With that being said, the hard "thing" for me was deleting every last bit of melody from my hard drive. It may seem crazy, but I decided to release myself from the obsession. I don't know what I will do for the next 60 days without music. Hello pandora! Welcome mission preparation! The best 18 months of my life is just ahead and I want to make the most of it!
I'll just have to worry about the music upon my return.

I also spent the past two days making these little presents for my friends who are currently serving missions. Nothing big but a little something to receive (and send) in the mail. Each box contains: four home-made cards & envelopes, eight extra home-made envelopes, and the hand crafted box (made from old record covers).

one box of seven:
















four cards of sixty four:






















the others:






















the final products:

No comments: