16 July 2008
Today marks a very big day in the life of a very important person. Growing up is not easy, but despite the challenges I have seen this person mature into a fine young man. I am proud to call this individual my baby brother. He may be taller than me, smarter, better looking, and a better dancer than me but he will always be my baby brother. I only wish I could spend this sweet and golden day with him. Happy sweet sixteen and golden birthday to the brother who is one of the most amazing people I know. Yes, you could call me a proud sister, but that does not begin to explain. It is days like these that make me miss my family, it is hard to miss these exciting days in the lives of siblings.
Here is, in my opinion, a soundtrack to the first 16 years of my brothers life.
1. Wake Up – Arcade Fire
2. Happiness Runs – Donovan
3. First Breath After Coma – Explosions in the Sky
4. This Boy – I’m From Barcelona
5. Ready for the floor – Hot Chip
6. Little Brother – Grizzly Bear
7. Wouldn’t It Be Nice – Beach Boys
8. Chinese Children – Devendra Banhart
9. I’m A Cuckoo – Belle & Sebastian
10. I’ll Be Your Friend – Bright Eyes and Neva Dinova
13. Teenager – Camera Obscura
14. Oxygen – Willy Mason
15. Kiss Kiss – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
16. 16, Maybe Less – Iron & Wine with Calexico
and i will get the rest up here when i have longer amounts of time on this internet.